APEN is hiring! We’re looking for new staff to help grow the power of grassroots Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities to advance environmental, social and economic justice. See menu on the right for job postings.
We love interns and volunteers! If you are interested in supporting APEN, there are many ways you can help—from fundraising to research to working directly with our community leaders.
- Donor events and fundraisers: We throw a good party! Help us plan and coordinate events and celebrations or just volunteer for tasks like set-up, registration or decorations.
- Database support: We always need help updating our contacts, entering data, and keeping reliable information.
- Design: Impactful images move people to action, help us develop visually compelling posters and brochures of our work.
- New and social media: We need bloggers and web designers to grow our network and help us share the work we are doing.
- Photography: Use your photography skills to document our events, meetings and actions.
- Policy research: Want to learn about policies to change our energy future? We need lots of support researching renewable energy programs, companies and policies.
- Local campaign research: Help us conduct research for our local campaigns in Oakland and Richmond.
- Political education curriculum development: Help us craft curriculum and trainings for our APEN members on political issues and skills-building.
- Leader meeting logistical support: Support our regular Richmond and Oakland leader meetings by helping with set-up and clean up, tech support, photography, and giving rides to our members.
- Community outreach: Particularly if you speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Lao, Mien, or Khmu, you can help outreach to our leaders and community members about issues and events.
Want to work with APEN in a longer internship, but need funding? Try looking into these programs. We will work with you to make sure you get placed with APEN:
- Seeding Change Fellowship
- Stanford CSWS (Stanford Students)
- Anne Braden Organizer Training Program
- MOVE: API Organizing Fellowship (Berkeley Students)
Still have questions about volunteering with APEN? Contact info [at] apen4ej.org.