Join us this summer to mobilize the power of Asian American voters
The vision of the Asian Pacific Environmental Network (APEN) is that all people have a right to a clean and healthy environment in which their communities can live, work, learn and thrive.
APEN seeks to hire a team of Outreach Workers to participate in APEN’s civic engagement programs. This is a temporary part-time position. This program’s goal is to increase the civic participation of low-income Asian immigrant communities in California. Outreach Workers will be talking to voters and convincing them to take action on issues that impact poor people, immigrants, and communities of color in California.
This position is part-time, no more than 20 hours a week, starting April 3, 2017 through May 3, 2017. Regular work days are Monday through Thursday from 4pm-8pm, with the exact schedule TBA. The hourly rate is $16, with no benefits. Lunch or dinner is included on each workday.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Talk to hundreds of people a day about issues facing low-income communities
- Data entry of results
- Complete accurate daily reports
- Commitment to the mission and principles of APEN and to social justice
- Fluency in English, bilingual/biliterate in an Asian language preferred
- Strong motivation and adaptability, including ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Basic computer skills, ability to complete web forms
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Experience working in Asian immigrant communities
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Multilingual (Asian language) applicants preferred
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Start Date: April 3, 2017
APEN is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, gay, lesbian, transgender and gender nonconforming persons are encouraged to apply.