As #GivingTuesday* approaches, we want to thank you for all the ways you gave to APEN. Whether you donated, volunteered, canvassed, or signed a petition, you moved us closer to a world where all people work, play, and thrive in a clean, healthy environment.
Organized to grow community leadership
- Equipped our grassroots membership base with training, translation, transportation
- Put on the 3rd annual APEN Academy to train our members from Oakland and Richmond as leaders for environmental justice in their communities
- Connected with 30+ Asian American community groups in Oakland, Fresno, Los Angeles, and Long Beach about investments to advance climate justice
Joined forces for climate justice nationwide
- Hosted 450 people from frontline communities nationwide for the Our Power convening in Richmond
- Spoke out at the history-making People’s Climate March in New York City
Got out the vote
- Knocked on 500+ doors across Oakland to rally voters
- Sent out a Voter Guide to 6,400+ Asian Pacific American voters statewide…in six languages!
- Called 13,000+ Asian Pacific American voters across the state
Fought back and won in the Bay Area and beyond
- Organized and won a People’s victory in Richmond despite Chevron’s $3.1M in campaign spending
- Protected and won groundbreaking state policy that promotes renewable energy and environmental equity
We couldn’t have done any of it without you!
Our grassroots base makes us strong, and with your help, we flexed our power to promote healthy, just communities.
*#GivingTuesday is nationwide effort to celebrate generosity. If you are inspired to give to APEN next Tuesday, your online donation will strengthen our growing movement for climate justice.