Chinese people in Oakland have endured years of racism, housing and employment discrimination and displacement. APEN has organized Oakland Chinese immigrant families since 2002 to build a healthy neighborhood where low-income immigrants can live, work and thrive.
- Fight for community benefits in the Lake Merritt Transit-Oriented Development project
- Champion renewable energy and jobs for Oakland residents!
- 2004-06: Stopped the evictions of low-income residents from Pacific Renaissance Plaza and won affordable housing in the neighborhood
- 2006: Won free health screenings for AXT factory workers
- 2006: Won affordable housing for the Oak-to-Ninth development