Thousands of APAs live, work and go to school in the shadow of the Chevron oil refinery. In 1993, APEN started organizing Laotian refugees who survived war in their home country and harsh conditions in refugee camps, as well as racism and hardship in the United States. We are now building a broad base of APAs in Richmond.
- Protect the health and safety of Richmond residents near the Chevron Refinery
- Champion renewable energy and jobs for Richmond residents!
- 2001: Won a community multilingual warning system
- 2010: Stopped the Chevron Refinery’s expansion
- 2012: Passed the Richmond General Plan