APEN is a small, grassroots organization with deep roots and big goals. In order to make those goals real, we need supporters across the Bay and California who can volunteer to help us reach more people than we ever could on our own. To change everything, we need to build powerful movements by asking people from all walks of life to take time out of their daily lives to support our work. That’s where APEN Volunteers come in.
By becoming an APEN Volunteer, you will have a chance to:
- Collaborate with organizers and community leaders on the frontlines of struggles against pollution and displacement
- Connect with others like you about the issues you care about,
- Make a difference in our fight for a world where all people have the resources we need to live full, dignified lives, and
- Receive school credit, letters of recommendation, professional connections, and a rewarding opportunity
APEN Volunteers work to amplify the voices of the frontlines by collaborating with APEN members and staff to support our grassroots community organizing in working-class Asian immigrant and refugee communities.
Volunteers are a key component of all aspects of our work. From supporting research projects that support APEN’s policy agenda to talking to voters and community members about the issues that affect their daily lives, they make it possible for APEN to change hearts and minds in support of a Just Transition.
And from providing logistical support at weekly member meetings to volunteering on fundraising projects, they provide crucial support for the day-to-day functioning of our many programs.
In particular, APEN needs volunteers who:
- Are committed to this work for the long term (6 months+). The foundation of our organizing is relationships and trust — and these are built best when we know we will be organizing together for more than a semester or a few weeks.
- Can talk to our members in the languages they speak at home, including Mandarin, Cantonese, Khmu, or Mien
- Have specialized skill sets such as event coordinating and planning experience, professional filmmaking, photography and/or graphic design skills, and/or
- Have policy research skills and/or experience with the California state legislative process
Does this sound like you? Fill out the form below and we’ll follow up via email or phone with more information on how to get involved!
Support Our Work
With your support, we can build a world where all people have access to clean air and all our communities can thrive.
Build power with APEN by donating today.